amanda - 21 - pacific northwest - graphic design student
can often be found reading, thrifting, taking photographs, cruising on my bike, laughing, and indulging in sweets.
flickr / rss / bloglovin' / tumblr / pinterest / twitter

Sunday, May 29, 2011

DIY

I've been super crafty lately and when I saw the chiffon twist scarf when I was browsing the American Apparel website, I dearly wanted one of my own...except not for 14+ doll hairs! So I sent out to make my own, which in fact isn't that hard! All you need are sewing skills, fabric, wire and taadah! Bunny ears headband.

Just cut two strips of fabric at your desired length and width. I believe I did mine at 32x9 inches. Sew together and leave a hole. Turn inside out, measure wire, loop both ends, insert and sew the hole and that's it. Seriously so simple and there are tons of tutorials out there on the world wide web that are helpful!

American Apparel.

Mine!

Though mine is different because I didn't use chiffon, just regular old cotton fabric I bought at my local craft store and it still turned out great. Plus I like to make mine look more like a bow! I made a plain black one as well. I'm excited to make more. Some others who have been flaunting this trend:


clockwise - Opium Poppies - Cupcakes and Cashmere - Le Dressing De Leeloo - Ezzentric Topz


Until next time!

3 comments:

Carolina said...

super cute. i love how they look like bunny ears <3hope you can check out my page for some +vibes and inspiration!XO

Faboulista said...

i actually like yours the best. its the most stunning. u should do a diy about it.
xoxo
mina

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

I love that look, its really cute on you :)

Post a Comment