amanda - 21 - pacific northwest - graphic design student
can often be found reading, thrifting, taking photographs, cruising on my bike, laughing, and indulging in sweets.
flickr / rss / bloglovin' / tumblr / pinterest / twitter

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

long time coming

So sorry for making you wait for so long, but wait no more! My cat print dress is done, it's rather big for me I think, my pattern was a little iffy, so that's probably what threw me off. Either way I think it came out pretty well for my first attempt at dress making. It definitely has a more retro feel to it with a bigger skirt.




I also got a wild inkling to try my hand at dress making once more. And I think this dress is really cute. The floral fabric I bought was on sale for 3 bucks, so I thought it was pretty worth it. All I used for a makeshift pattern was a tank top I had and the bottom I just pleated a few times. I think I definitely learned from my mistakes the first time around, helps if you just kind of go for it. I still have some way to go as far as dress making/sewing goes.




Welp, I hope you enjoyed. I really did making these. I love little crafts and what have you. It's nice to start something from scratch. Just a little fabric, a zipper, a sewing machine and a little bit of perseverance and patience.

Until next time!

3 comments:

rachel! said...

sooo cute! once my classes get out this summer, i am going to be all about sewing CUTE dresses. & i love your header. sweet like cotton candy? can we please be friends? :)

L said...

Great job. The outfits look fabulous. :)

Victoria said...

These are awesome! I have so many things that I want to make, but they always end up getting put off :/ But these are wonderful! I loooove the cat print one! It looks fantastic on you. :)

Post a Comment